Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's all happening at the zoo

Got back late from my evening activity so I'll make this quick. I started out my day at the zoo...the Los Angeles Zoo. I had never been to this one before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. What I found was a lot of nice animals...I took a lot of nice pictures! Now, this zoo may not be the biggest, but it isn't that small either. From the whimsical meerkats to the magnificent gorillas, this zoo is great.

I had lunch with my friend Lynne. I had gone to a few Five For Fighting shows with her in the past, and it was a treat to touch bases with her again while I was in Los Angeles. Afterward, I rushed over to check out the Grammy Museum. As a music fan, I found it fascinating, especially the John Lennon exhibit, which included many handwritten song lyrics. I wished I had more time to spend at this museum, but I needed to get over to Sony Television Studios to attend a live taping of the CBS-TV situation comedy, Rules Of Engagement. I was concerned about getting caught in rush hour traffic, but I got lucky and it was smooth sailing to the studios.

This was not the first time I had gone to a live TV show taping. A couple years ago, I contributed to the laugh track for the series, Accidentally On Purpose (since canceled). I admit I'm not a fan of sitcoms, but it's a lot of fun participating in such live tapings. I joined a couple hundred other people as we sat in seats set up in the sound stage. As the actors were filmed performing their lines, we as the audience were expected to laugh when appropriate. It was cool watching the cast...Patrick Warburton, David Spade, Megyn Price, Adhir Kalyan, Oliver Hudson and Bianca Kajlich...doing their thing. By the way...Oliver Hudson is cute! Taping started at 6:00 pm, and after about 1 3/4 hours, they fed us! Like the Accidentally On Purpose setup, we were each given a slice of pizza and a bottle of water. Awesome! It took about 3 1/4 hours to tape what will be about 20 minutes on television. I'll be looking forward to watching the episode on TV and see if I can hear myself laughing...probably not!

Tomorrow, I leave L.A. for San Francisco and the main purpose of my road trip...attending the Bash For Augie's Quest on March 18. Looking forward to a night of fun and inspiration!

No comments: