Thursday, September 29, 2016

Wheels, wings and butterburgers

The bed in my hotel last night was super comfy soft...the best I've ever slept on while road tripping.  I wouldn't mind a bed like that for myself.  My sister and I took it easy today, visiting a couple of museums.  We drove from Spearfish, SD to the motorcycle town of Sturgis to see the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum.  This small museum had a lot of nice vintage bikes...and a wooden one, too!






Before I left on my road trip, I was told by a friend that if I got a chance to check out the fast food place, Culver's.  I put it on my list and today, we decided to have lunch there in Rapid City, SD.  The butterburger was delicious, the fries crispy and the chocolate custard SO good!  So, thanks Kevin for the suggestion!


After lunch, we traveled east of town to Ellsworth Air Force Base to visit the South Dakota Air and Space Museum.  When we arrived, we saw there were many historical aircraft on display outside with a B-1B bomber as the centerpiece.


We walked around taking photos and trying to guess the types of planes we were looking at.  Here are a F-84 Thunderstreak, a B-26 Invader, a super rare B-29 Superfortress and a B-52 Stratofortress. 





Tomorrow, we'll be visiting the Badlands, with a brief stop in Wall to check out the famous drug store.  I'm going there on a mission...a very important mission.  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I like the "Flying Merkel"! :-)

K&J