Friday, November 2, 2018

Some things SHOULD stay in Vegas!

I had a long driving day today...SIX HOURS! I made sure to have a nice leisurely lunch midway, but because I entered the Mountain Time Zone, I lost an hour. And, by the time I arrived in Salt Lake City, it was time to check into my hotel and grab some takeout dinner. So, I will update what happened YESTERDAY.

I left Williams, AZ and drove straight to Las Vegas. I would be spending only a day and night in Sin City, but I decided to make the best of it. I had lunch at my very favorite road trip fast food hamburger place... Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers! Yes, even better than In N Out, Culver's, Shake Shack, Whataburger, etc, etc. I can get my burger without cheese and just mustard, onions and pickles...they have nice, big pickle slices! And, the crispy shoestring fries with fry sauce! And, the wonderful frozen custard...the single is a big, generous scoop of deliciousness!


After lunch, I headed over to what is currently considered the best museum in Vegas... Zak Bagans' The Haunted Museum. If you aren't familiar with him, he's on the Travel Channel show, Ghost Adventures. He typically visits places known to have ghosts and spirits, and either finds evidence that they exist or debunks the rumors. I've watched the show, which made me extremely curious as to what I would find at this museum.

As I waited in line to get in, I was required to sign a waiver, basically releasing the museum of all liability should sometime bad happen to me while inside the building. I know, rather ominous.



Once inside the building, I paid my admission and waited briefly in the small lobby area. This was the only room we were allowed to take photos, video, etc. The rest of the building was off limits as such, which is explainable for various reasons. So, enjoy the creepy doll pic.



So, what was the museum like? I could only describe it as a combination sideshow, haunted house and museum of oddities and the macabre. The guides were informative and animated as they walked us from room to room. There were some genuinely creepy and horrific things, like the exhibits on real-life monsters such as Charles Manson and serial killer John Wayne Gacy...the latter's clown paintings were on display. I won't give away much because I don't want to ruin things for anyone who would like to check this place out. But, the scariest stuff were Peggy the possessed doll speaking via a spirit box, and the famous Dybbuk box containing an evil Jewish spirit. Yes, I saw them both and thankfully, I came away not experiencing anything unpleasant...or have any evil attach themselves to me! I would highly recommend visiting this unique museum next time you visit Las Vegas...if you dare!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perfect kind of museum to visit right around Halloween! :-)

KJ&MK