Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Glacier...without the filling

When I got up this morning, the sun had risen in the east. But, alas...it would not last. By the time I left my hotel in Browning, MT and headed up to St. Mary, the sun was struggling to show itself behind overcast skies. Pausing at an overlook, the low hanging clouds couldn't detract from the majesty of the snow covered peaks.



My plan today was to visit Glacier National Park. But, because the main route through the park, Going To The Sun Road, isn't plowed through yet, I had to make do with an east-west detour. First, I entered the park at the east entrance and traveled as far as I could go...that would be to the Rising Sun area. I snapped some more scenery pics, and some sweet shots of a lovable Columbian ground squirrel couple.






The second part of my Glacier visit required me to drive all the way around to the west entrance. Once in the park, though, I could only drive 11 miles to the northern end of Lake McDonald. By now, the sun was out, so my photos appear brighter. In the Apgar area of the park, I had a conversation with a cheeky red squirrel. So cute!





This evening, I'm enjoying my stay in a cabin outside of Glacier Park. The huckleberry pie that I had for dessert was also quite delicious! Huckleberries seem to be very big around here. Tomorrow, I'll finally be back in my home state of Washington! My road trip isn't quite done yet...there's still more fun to be had!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous snow-covered mountains AND Huckleberry pie! A person's day couldn't get ANY better than that! :-)