Sunday, September 20, 2009

NEVER being boring!

The Pet Shop Boys concert at Seattle's Moore Theater was almost the best show I've been to this year. I say almost because Five For Fighting will always be Number One in my book. Hey, what can I say? Loyalty runs deep. But, I CAN say I loved the Pet Shop Boys more than Depeche Mode, mainly because I know their music so much better. I enjoyed their music from the beginning, when their videos first played on MTV back in the mid-80s. I also have ALL of their CDs...I can't say the same of Depeche Mode.

Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe put on quite a show tonight! With Neil's vocals, Chris' musical mastery, backup performers and colorful video graphics, it was truly a memorable concert. The Pet Shop Boys have been performing their synth pop style of music for almost 25 years, and they haven't lost a thing over time. They played songs from their new album, Yes, and stuff from the past, like West End Girls, It's A Sin, and one of my favs, Being Boring. There were several wardrobe changes, but they never lost a beat. I took a lot of pics...I hope some of them came out. The only downer...I found out I really DIDN'T have a front row seat. I was led to believe they weren't going to use the 3 rows of orchestra seats in front...WRONG! No matter...I was plenty close enough, and I could see Neil and Chris just fine from my vantage point. Toward the end, shiny confetti fell from the ceiling. I stuck some in my pocket as a memento to add to the autographed lanyard and CD from the meet and greet.

So, that takes care of another favorite musical artist that I hadn't seen before but have now. Who's next on my list? Well, I have yet to see my other fav piano guy, Bruce Hornsby. He visits Washington every year, so it's only a matter of time before I go to one of his shows. But, November will bring another groupie road trip with my all-time favorite, John Ondrasik. He'll be doing an acoustic tour, and I'll be going to 4 of his shows...Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. I NEVER get tired of seeing John perform...he's THAT GOOD! I know I'm not the only person who feels that way. Talk to anyone who goes to a Five For Fighting show and they'll say the same thing. Like The Pet Shop Boys, John is never being boring either!

No comments: