Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Not the way to start a groupie road trip

What is the worst thing that can happen when one is planning to attend a concert? Yes, losing your ticket is bad, but having the show canceled is even worse! That's what happened to tomorrow's scheduled Five For Fighting show at Seattle's Crocodile.

Actually, I knew something was up when I read a tweet...that would be a Twitter post...about a radio station interview with John Ondrasik being canceled due to laryngitis. That was yesterday, and soon after, John posted his own tweet to say that he was having voice issues and would not be singing at his planned appearance at the Bob Woodruff Foundation Stand Up For Heroes benefit event tonight. Naturally, I was concerned because I could see John's Seattle show in jeopardy. Sure enough, the other shoe fell this morning, when John let everyone know on Twitter that his voice was completely gone, and the Crocodile gig was canceled.

I was disappointed, because every opportunity to see John perform live is precious to me. I tried to see the bright side of things. At least I found out in time to cancel my hotel reservation and get a full refund! I was supposed to start my Five For Fighting Groupie Road Trip 2...my first was back in 2007...in Seattle, but now, I will be moving things to Portland. Hopefully, there WILL be a Portland show! There is reason for optimism. Tonight, John posted yet another tweet to tell us that he's taking steroid shots to hopefully help his throat and bring his beautiful voice back. After reading his post, I sent him a reply...something that I think was appropriate. From this new Slice album, the lyrics from his song entitled Hope:

Hope
Cause nothing less
Will save the day

We gotta have hope that John will be there for us in Portland! But, if the stars don't align...onward to San Francisco for John's November 10th concert. He's gotta be better by then, right? No...he'll be better for Portland. Gotta have hope!!!

No comments: