Sunday, August 21, 2011

Game day

Yesterday, I crossed off yet another item on my bucket list.  Nothing overly challenging, and something I can definitely see myself doing again in the future.  A friend of mine regularly buys football season tickets for the Seattle Seahawks.  I had made it known to him that I had never attended an NFL game and that I would love to do so.  Well, turned out he couldn't go to the August 20th Seattle-Minnesota matchup and asked me if I was interested in the tickets.  I checked my calendar and to my good fortune, I was free that day!  He sold me the tickets for half price.  Now, it wouldn't be fun going alone, so I found a female friend who had also never been to a pro football game, so it was perfect.

After a Korean food lunch in Lynnwood, we drove to the Uwajimaya food store near CenturyLink Field, site of the night's game.  Uwajimaya is a great place to pick up food and snacks if you're going to either CenturyLink Field or Safeco Field for Seattle Mariners baseball games.  We were lucky to find a free parking space along the street just a few blocks away and soon joined the other eager football fans streaming into the stadium.  Our seats were up in the 300 level and we had a great view of the field.  It was a bit far away to get really good photos, but I still managed to get a few decent shots of the action.


There were Minnesota Vikings fans scattered throughout the stadium, including in my section.  During the game, I overheard some good natured banter between Seahawks and Vikings fans, but everyone was having a good time.  That's one thing I've observed while attending Mariners games in the past and this game, too...Seattle fans are polite and display good sportsmanship.  With the violence that occurs all too often at sporting events in other cities, it's nice to see that rarely happens in Seattle.  Well, the Hawks ended up losing the game, 7-20, but I still enjoyed myself.  I would love to go to more games in the future.  I think that will happen.





No comments: