Thursday, October 6, 2016

Coffee break in Missoula

Before leaving West Yellowstone this morning, I had to scrape my windows a little due to a sprinkling of snow that froze overnight.  I had a long drive ahead of me...about eight hours!  We took full advantage of the hour gained moving from Mountain to Pacific time, though. After four hours, we had lunch in Missoula, MT, then visited The Historical Museum at Fort Missoula. This museum explains the history of the fort and those who served there since it was established in 1877. There was an interesting exhibit on the 25th Infantry bicycle corps, and some of the original buildings are still there.



Before leaving Missoula, there was one place I just had to check out.  John Wicks, the drummer of one of my favorite bands, Fitz and the Tantrums owns a coffee bar in town.  Personally, I don't drink coffee, but my sister does, and I was still eager to visit Drum Coffee.  When we entered the establishment, I asked the barista if John was in. Luck was with me...he was! John came out from the back of the store and greeted me. I told him that I traveled all the way from Washington just to see him. Not exactly true, but I told him I just had to stop by while on my road trip. John showed us some of his drum equipment in the back rooms and we chatted for awhile. John said that he used to live in Bainbridge Island and I told him that I was there when Fitz and the Tantrums performed at this year's Marymoor Park show. We couldn't leave without buying something, so my sister got a cup of cold brewed coffee and me being the non-coffee drinker, a piece of raspberry chocolate babka...delicious! Oh, and I got a pic with John! Such a sweet guy!


If you're ever in or around Missoula and love coffee, don't hesitate to stop by Drum Coffee. And, if he isn't on tour, you might just see John there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are ALWAYS getting photos with famous people! Is there any chance I can get you to have Elton John swing by - and I can jump in on the photo!?! :-)

Raspberry and chocolate are DELICIOUS, so even if I have no idea what a babka is, I'm sure it was wonderful! :-)

K&J