Saturday, October 8, 2016

Last day: Visit to Cougarville

Yesterday, we woke up to overcast skies and rain in Oroville, ID. We had a nice river view from our hotel room and could see someone fly fishing down below.


An hour and a half drive later, we arrived in Pullman, WA, home of our beloved Washington State University. Yes, my sister and I both graduated from there. We walked around the campus a little bit before going to the Compton Union Building to shop for Coug gear at The Bookie. Here are the iconic Bryan Hall built in 1909, a shot of Holland Library and the football practice field.




After spending a LONG time perusing the apparel, I settled for two T-shirts, a sweatshirt and a really nice Columbia jacket with embroidered WSU logos. One cannot have too much Coug gear. We had lunch at a cafe inside one of the residence halls, followed by a visit to the always popular Ferdinand's Ice Cream Shoppe.


The ice cream and cheese sold there are made from milk produced by WSU dairy cows and processed at the school's Creamery. Not only is the ice cream awesome, so is the cheese, especially the award-winning Cougar Gold. If you ever visit the campus, don't forget to drop by Ferdinand's! And so, my two week long road trip has come to a happy end. I'll be spending a few days at my parents' house, then make the drive back to home sweet home. My own bed sounds pretty good right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm VERY glad you and your sister had such a WONDERFUL trip! I'm also glad you will be home soon because, yes, I have some more "cat" situations to discuss with you. ;-)

K&J