Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Time to hit the road again!

I'm taking my road trip a little later than usual this fall. At first, it was because I kinda had to...earlier vacation slots were already taken up at work. But, it soon worked out for the better because of a short Five for Fighting string quartet tour in October. I certainly can't miss that, right? Then, I added two more days to my time off to attend a SYML concert...one of my other favorite artists. So, I'll be going to a total of four shows this month. Of course, my road trip will be much, much more than going to musical concerts. Many park visits, checking out unique scenery and museums!

I made sure to play with my cat Hoshi before I left home this morning. I wasn't able to properly say goodbye to her because she promptly hid when I started loading the last of my stuff in the car. I think Hoshi thought she would also be going in the car and to the vet! I didn't leave home too early because I didn't want to get caught in Seattle rush hour traffic. I dropped in Uwajimaya in Bellevue to grab something for lunch, plus more food for tomorrow's meals, and road trip snacks.

After a couple more hours of driving, I took in a brief visit to Columbia Springs in Vancouver, WA. This facility serves as a community environmental center and also contains a trout fish hatchery. After spending a good part of my day driving, it was nice to stretch my legs and snap a few photos.




Tonight, I'm spending the night in Portland, OR, but I won't be traveling TOO far tomorrow.  I'll be doing a little hiking and checking out some cool natural sights. Time to get this show started...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know - there's something "fishy" about those photos! :-)

Safe and FUN travels!

Kurt & the Girls :-)