Friday, October 29, 2010

If the shoe fits...

Had a terrific first day on the road. Rush hour traffic through Seattle was not too bad by the time I got there. When I arrived in Portland, I picked up lunch from Pacific Pie Co. I had a very tasty beef & stout meat pie. I had heard about this place on Food Network's Meat & Potatoes show. They specialize in Australian style meat pies, and they did not disappoint...my lunch was downright tasty!

After my meal, I went directly to PacWest Center, location of KINK FM's Live Bing Lounge. This would be the site of Joan Osborne's live performance lounge appearance. I found myself second in line for the show and had a nice conversation with a couple of other attendees while we waited. We talked music and yes, they both knew who Five For Fighting was! I must admit, I really only know Joan by name...with the exception of her hit song, One Of Us. I was impressed by her singing talent...it was really nice to see Joan perform live. She sang three songs, accompanied by Keith Cotton, who backed her up on piano. I was hoping there would a meet and greet afterwards, but Joan had to prepare for her concert later tonight, so there wasn't. Still, I have to say my first live performance lounge was pretty neat!

My other plan for the day was a trip to the Nike Employee Store in Beaverton. This place is an invitation only store, and I got my invite care of the Washington State University Alumni Association. My support for my alma mater is strong...despite the fact their football team is struggling right now. I was happy to take advantage of the opportunity to add to my shoe collection. After perusing the aisles of men's athletic shoes...theirs is SO much nicer than the women's offerings...I found one that I liked. To my disappointment, my size was not available, but I took a shot at the next bigger size...and they fit! I'm now the proud owner of a pair of shiny blue Air Max Hyperdunks!

When I checked my emails this evening, I had an unexpected surprise waiting for me. I had FINALLY been granted an opportunity to interview IN PERSON a certain awesome singer-songwriter. You can probably guess who that might be. I don't want to give away too much until the time comes, but it's an understatement to say I'm excited. This is truly a dream come true! In the meantime, my road trip continues...

No comments: