Saturday, October 7, 2017

Rain over Missoula

When I left Dillon, MT this morning, I knew the forecast was for rain as I traveled west and closer to home. My plan was to spend some time in Missoula, then continue driving to my pit stop in Spokane for the night. About an hour outside of town, it started raining on and off. My first destination once I reached town was Drum Coffee. No, I don't drink coffee, but I did want to visit the establishment owned by Fitz and the Tantrums drummer John Wicks. I guess we know where the shop's name came from!


I stopped by last year and was lucky to meet John and get a pic with him. Unfortunately, I was told that John was currently in Los Angeles this time around...no doubt doing some sort of music stuff. But, I did buy a couple of baked goodies and a Drum Coffee T-shirt.  After lunch, I took advantage of my last chance to get Freddy's frozen custard...we don't have it back in Washington.  SO GOOD!


Before leaving town, I visited the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation visitor center. This facility is a great way to learn about elk conservation and preservation, not only for hunters, but for everyone. Do YOU know the difference between elk and deer droppings? I think it's pretty obvious.



Well, as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. And, tomorrow is the last leg of my road trip...the homestretch drive to home sweet home. It's been fun, and I'm looking forward to my next trip in the spring.

No comments: