Thursday, March 18, 2010

Five For Fighting Fan Central in limbo land

I didn't need this...not now! If you were wondering why my Five For Fighting Fan Central website hasn't been updated lately, here's the reason why. Earlier this week, I found out that I couldn't access my website site builder. You know, the software I used to build my website. It's one of the features that my web host supplied that I decided to use to construct my website. It was simple enough for a novice like me, so I went with it. Everything was hunky dory until my web host decided to upgrade their password system. Turns out the site builder that was so easy to use is now considered a "security threat" because its password system is incompatible...or something like that. In other words...I can't use it now! Which means, I can't access my website to make updates and changes! Talk about frustrated!

So, what does this mean? I need to find another site builder and basically create my site all over again. Well, maybe not all over again. I'm going to try...emphasis on TRY...to recreate what is currently frozen in stasis. The web host tech that I spoke to recommended a web design software that looks promising. I have some time to work on things before my big road trip. But, if it appears too daunting a task to finish quickly, you won't see the results until after I get back from my trip and have a chance to work on it some more.

In the meantime, all is not lost. You will still be able to visit my current website...it's not going anywhere until I get the new site up and running. As for new information on John Ondrasik and Five For Fighting, I'll be posting things on my Five For Fighting Fan Central MySpace page and Twitter. And, of course, at this blog! You'll be able to catch every exciting day of my upcoming groupie road trip...that will be starting April 1st! Mark your calendar!

2 comments:

Lee-Ann said...

What host are you with?

Five For Fighting Fan Central said...

I'm using Host Monster, which has been great for me. Their 24/7 help line has proved invaluable. It's just that they didn't anticipate upgrading their password system would cause a problem. But, this might be a blessing in disguise. This will allow me to use a site builder that is even easier to use than the one I had. I can already envision the possibilities...I'm being optimistic here! :)