Thursday, October 22, 2015

Hmm...haven't I been here before?

I really enjoyed my stay last night at the Cowboy Village Resort in Jackson, WY.  The village consists of individual cabins, giving the place a rustic feel.  And, you get a little bit of that on the inside, too, but with modern conveniences.



I had so much to say in yesterday's post that I decided to save this one for today.  As I arrived in Jackson, I had to stop and check out the town's famous Antler Arches.  The sign explains them better than I can.  There are four such arches...one at each corner of the park.



I did a lot of driving today, but took some time to visit the Museum of the Mountain Man in Pinedale, WY.  As soon as I approached the building I had a strange feeling that I had been there before.  Once inside, I still wasn't sure, but I took in the exhibits like they were new to me.  Actually, everything DID seem new to me.  Maybe it was just my imagination?  I'll have to check out the photos from my previous road trips to see for sure. The museum was interesting, telling the story of the history of mountain men, who by trapped beaver and other animals to provide pelts for the fur industry.  Later, buffalo robes became popular, which led the the tragic demise of this continent's vast bison herds.




So, that was pretty much my day.  Like I said, a lot of driving.  Tomorrow, I'll be driving some more, but then some hiking and awesome scenery in the afternoon.  I better hit the sack early...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such a COOL place to stay! If I ever go to that part of the country I'm definitely going to stay there! :-)