Monday, September 26, 2011

Old bones are good bones

Compared to my previous week, today was a relatively easy day. For one, the weather was a little cooler...mid-80s. I visited Dinosaur National Monument in Colorado with the hope of seeing a few fossils. Unfortunately, their new visitor center was still under construction, meaning their main dinosaur quarry exhibit was not available for viewing. I settled for the alternate plan...a short ranger-guided tour of the Fossil Discovery Hiking Trail. This was actually pretty cool because not only did I still see dinosaur bones embedded in rock, I could actually touch them, too.

After the tour, I did a short hike to a box canyon, then checked out some nice petroglyphs. Tomorrow, I'm planning an even easier day...museums! I've been doing a lot of hiking...I need a break. In fact, I think I might be done with the all-day hikes for the rest of my road trip. From now on, slow walks and auto touring! Oh, speaking of auto, I forgot to mention a couple days ago that my trusty Blazer hit 200,000 on the odometer! She has taken me on many great road trips, and hope my groupie mobile has a few more left in her!

No comments: