Thursday, October 9, 2014

Rim Rock views...and bighorns

After a restful stay in the small town of Parachute, UT, I drove west to my destination of the day, Colorado National Monument. I had only driven a short distance from the park entrance when I was greeted by a group of bighorn sheep grazing along the side of the road.  It was only the second time I've ever seen wild bighorn, and the second time on this road trip.  Cool!


 It was overcast when I arrived at the park, and I was eager to get in as much walking and photo taking before the rain arrived.  Colorado National Monument is famous for their red rock panoramas, and there was no shortage of that.  There were many interesting rock formations and driving the park's Rim Rock Drive made it easy to see them.




Besides the bighorns, I got a couple other pics of animals.  Here's a dark-eyed junco who I heard before I actually spotted, and a Hopi chipmunk that I was lucky to snap...fast little critter!



Tomorrow, I return to Arches National Park!  It's been awhile since I've last visited, and I really miss one of my favorite parks. And, I'm so happy to hear the weather forecast says it will be sunny and 70s!  Perfect!

No comments: