Sunday, October 12, 2014

The long and winding road

After leaving Winnemucca, NV this morning, I knew it was going to be a long day.  Driving, that is.  As I experienced on a previous road trip and mentioned in a previous blog, driving the highways of Oregon can be frustratingly long.  Crossing the border from Nevada to Oregon on US Hwy 95, the speed limit went from 65 to 55.  Let's be honest...it's really hard to stick to 55 mph when you're traveling miles and miles of straight roads.  I admit, I exceeded that speed limit by a few mph, but other motorists were passing me going 10-15 mph over.  That became the trend of the day as I drove west through the state.  Even pickup trucks towing trailers were going around me!  And, I didn't see one state patrol car the whole day!  No wonder people speed!

I got to my pit stop early, so I indulged in a much needed car wash for my Outback.  Plus, I didn't mind checking into my hotel early to watch the second half of the Seahawks-Cowboys football game.  I was thinking I wouldn't have any photos for today's blog entry, but as I looked out my hotel window this evening, I saw this.


It's a fitting ending as my road trip draws to a close, and I'm driving into the sunset, so to speak.  I'll be making the long trip to home, sweet home tomorrow, and getting a good night's sleep tonight.  Kind of like this Amur Tiger at the Denver Zoo.  Sweet dreams!


No comments: