Saturday, April 16, 2016

A final day with The Queen

Because it took me so long to make the drive from Studio City to Long Beach yesterday, I didn't get a chance to take advantage of the free audio tour of The Queen Mary that came with the price of my hotel room. Having spent a night free of any ghostly activity, I decided to do the audio tour this morning. I was given a device the size of a smartphone and a pair of headphones, and I headed off on the tour. I walked to some areas that I visited on last night's Paranormal Ship Walk, but most places that I didn't see yesterday. As I walked outside, I was greeted by great view of downtown Long Beach. 


The audio tour took me to places such as the bridge and the infirmary. During World War II, The Queen Mary was turned into a troop ship. Nicknamed the Grey Ghost due to her grey paint scheme, she was never attacked by the enemy. Her only defense would have been a single anti-aircraft (AA) gun, though. 




The tour took me back to the engine room...we walked through there last night...but, I was alone this time. I took a few pictures and did some listening, but no spirit activity. Oh, well. At least I have a couple of photos with orbs that I captured last night. 


I spent the rest of the day sightseeing in the nearby San Pedro. First, I visited the Terminal Island Japanese Memorial. This statue commemorates the Japanese fishing community who used to live and work there, only to be forced to leave during World War II and sent to internment camps, never to return. 



Afterward, I went to the Los Angeles Maritime Museum.This museum has very nice historical exhibits on the San Pedro fishing industry, deep sea diving and ship models. I admit I was most excited to see the original model ship used in the 1972 film, The Poseidon Adventure. I love that movie!




It was pretty hot today...it hit 90 degrees! I'm not used to such temperatures, and forget about it being a dry heat. Hot is hot! Tomorrow, there will be more of the same. I'm planning to spend some time outdoors, then head inside when the heat starts to rise.

No comments: