Monday, April 9, 2018

A whole lotta driving...and ice cream!

I had an early wake up this morning...6:00 am...because I had a six hour drive ahead of me. When I left Klamath, CA this morning, it was a bit foggy among the redwoods. But, as US Hwy 101 left the trees behind and hugged the coast, it was all sun for the rest of the day. At one point, a driver coming in the opposite direction flashed his headlights in warning. As I rounded the bend, I saw why...elk crossing the road! I pulled off and snapped a few pics. A lot of them had already crossed and others decided to just stay put.




When I reached my destination of the day...San Francisco...I found the traffic in parts of the city particularly bad. There was a whole lot of street repairs going on, and I got stuck in the gridlock. After asking my GPS for alternatives, I took a roundabout way of getting to Union Square. I left my car in a parking garage and walked a few blocks to the Museum of Ice Cream. This special exhibit explores the history and fun of the sweet, frozen treat.


Tickets for this unusual museum have been hard to get, and I lucked out when they extended the San Francisco run and it fell within my road trip. I opted not to participate in all the fun, such as the sprinkles pool...as in simulated candy sprinkles. But, I DID partake in the ice cream! I had a sorbet cone, a coconut bar and mint chip mochi. If you don't know what mochi is, it's a chewy, sometimes sweet, confection made from pounded cooked rice. There were also colorful oversized displays of items that you would find on ice cream desserts...cherries, gummy bears, whipped cream. As for the unicorn, it represents things you dream about in life.





Tomorrow, I'm planning to visit a park and do a little hiking. I'll be looking forward to getting a good night's sleep...on my own pillow. My pit stop hotel has supplied me with half pillows again. They might be pretty to look at, but my head can't stay put on them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is the swing for having a little fun after you've gotten high from doing "Whip-Its"!?! :-P

K&Girls :-)