Thursday, April 12, 2018

Classic cars and Conan

I didn't have the best sleep last night because not only was my hotel next to a busy Los Angeles freeway, my room faced it! I was lucky if I got my minimum six hours of sleep. Since I'm not feeling tired as I type this, I probably got enough rest. I had planned to visit the Martial Arts History Museum in Burbank, but it was a good thing I checked the website this morning. They had to unexpectedly close due to the curator reporting for jury duty. I quickly devised a fallback plan and drove up to Sylmar to visit the Nethercutt Collection automotive museum. The last time I checked out this museum was 2012, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to see it again.


To me, vintage cars...especially the models in the first three decades of the past century...are like works of art. And, it's amazing how HUGE cars were back then, too! Many of our roads...and parking lots...would not be able to accommodate those vehicles. Too big!







In the afternoon, I went to Warner Brothers Studios for a live taping of the Conan Show. It was the seventh time I've attended this show, and it never gets old. It's easy to get a ticket to the Conan Show compared to the other talk shows in town. But, in my opinion, Conan O'Brien is the funniest. He never hesitates to make himself look silly, and he has a genuine rapport with his audience. Oh, and there's also his sidekick Andy Richter and The Basic Cable Band! Today's guests were television personality Andy Cohen and actor Ike Barinholtz.


Tomorrow, I have another live TV taping to attend...a game show this time! Afterward, another museum visit and for dinner...my favorite Brazilian grill! I can't wait! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUM! I'm already anxiously waiting to (hopefully!) seeing some photos of the Brazilian food! :-)

Have fun at the taping and continued safe travels! :-)

K&Girls :-)