Friday, April 13, 2018

Let's watch the Feud!

Today was Friday the 13th, but I can't say I had any BAD luck. Quite the opposite. But, more on that later. Little did I know that my live TV show taping would take ALL DAY! Around 9:00 am, I reported to Universal Studios to attend the taping of the game show Family Feud. While waiting to get checked in, I chatted with a couple of older ladies from Michigan and a local guy...his name is Dee Thompson...who dabbles in acting and writing. We quickly hit it off and spent the day sharing in the experience of being a game show audience member.  At the appointed time, a Universal Studios shuttle took the roughly 200 audience members to the Family Feud studio.

I must admit I haven't watched the current rendition of the popular game show much, but seeing it playing live in front of you makes it so much more special. Like other live TV show tapings, the audience was encouraged to clap, cheer and laugh at what they see on stage. Host Steve Harvey was actually quite funny, and engaged the audience during breaks in taping. I was fortunate to get seated in the second row, so I was quite close to Mr. Harvey and the rest of the goings on. They taped two episodes of the show, and I didn't leave Universal Studios till after 5:00 pm! I didn't get a chance to do my planned museum visit, but no problem...I'll do it tomorrow.  I splurged and got a mini suite at a nice hotel tonight. AND, for dinner...Brazilian grill! I made sure and got a generous portion so I would have leftovers for tomorrow's dinner. Oh, and my hotel has decent pillows...I'll get a good night's sleep!



Oh, I almost forgot. I mentioned good luck today. Yesterday, I got a disappointing email that I didn't get a ticket to a live taping of the TV show Talking Dead. It's the show that comes on after the series, The Walking Dead. Well, when I checked tonight, I found another email that said I DID have a ticket after all! I could not believe my good fortune! Of course, I will be posting all the juicy details come Sunday. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So does that make it all good bad luck, or bad good luck? :-P