Monday, September 30, 2019

The Price Is Right: Lightning strikes twice!

Day One in Los Angeles started out like all work days...traffic jams on the freeways! I left my pit stop in Newbury Park and traveled east on U.S. Hwy 101. It's one of the major routes taken by commuters to connect to other highways. But, I didn't have to be anyplace at a certain time, so the stop and go traffic didn't bother me much.

My first destination of the day was just a quick photo shoot...of the original Brady Bunch house! For the past three weeks, HGTV has broadcast A Very Brady Renovation. The network purchased the original house in the series, which was really only used for the front exterior shots. This limited series showcases the renovation of the home to recreate the INTERIOR of the house like it was shown in The Brady Bunch. To make things interesting, the original cast who played the Brady kids assist in the renovation. When I got to the house, there was a fence blocking view of the front yard. I could still see enough of the structure to take some pics, including the new REAL front window...the original house just had a fake window facade.



Mission accomplished, it was time for an early lunch. I got to Pink's Hotdogs as soon as it opened at 9:30 am. I bought my usual two chili dogs with mustard and onions...one to eat immediately, the other for a future meal. And, as usual, it was delicious!


And now, for the main attraction... The Price Is Right! I can't believe it's really been over seven years since the first time I attended the show taping. That experience went pretty well...I got on camera because the lady a couple seats away from me got picked to "Come on down!"  I arrived at CBS Television City around 11:45 am...and was there for SIX HOURS!


It takes a long time to process the 300 people attending the show taping. Go through security (bag check, metal detector), wait, get a number and release form, wait, get a name tag and check in with ticket, wait, get your photo taken (I didn't buy one since I got one last time), wait, get a brief interview with a show producer, wait, go through a second security check (check in phone or camera; didn't have either), wait, then FINALLY file into the building and into the studio.

If you know the show, people are called down to contestants row to make an initial bid on an item to win a chance to get on stage and win even bigger prizes. I kid you not...the second person called down was a young guy SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO ME! Which means, I got on camera...AGAIN! Unlike the last show I attended, though, he didn't spin his way into the Showcase Showdown. Midway through the show, there was a special celebrity guest appearance. I won't give it away and spoil the little surprise. You can watch today's episode yourself on December 16th, as will I. I'm interested to see just how many times you can see me in the audience! 

I didn't leave the CBS building till around 6:45 pm, but I wasn't about to drive to my hotel without picking up my favorite Brazilian grill for dinner! I loaded up a take-out container from their self serve buffet, then added their grilled meats. And, yes, it was delicious! And, no, I didn't eat the whole thing! It will make a great future meal or two.



Tomorrow, will be museum day! I'll be revisiting two museums that I haven't seen in a few years, mainly because of their special exhibits. I love museums! The fun just goes on and on...

No comments: