Friday, March 18, 2011

The calm before the Bash

Today was a pretty lousy weather day. Wind and rain put a damper on sightseeing. Things did not start out very well as I left my hotel on my way to catch a bus for the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. For some reason, I got my bearings screwed up and walked...in the wrong direction! After walking a number of blocks, I figured something was wrong. I asked someone for directions and sure enough...I was a dozen blocks from where I wanted to be! I took my new route and found I was still not taking the road most taken. Finally, after nearly an hour of walking in circles, I managed to get on the bus and on my way to the museum. But, my ordeal was still not over. Not only did I fail to get off at the right stop...I missed the next one, too! I ended up spending an extra ten minutes backtracking. Fortunately, when I got to the art museum, my friends Johnny and Rick...who has arrived from Washington, DC the night before...were saving a place for me in the ticket line. Moral of the story: plan things better...and take a map with me!

The rest of the morning was a lot better as I got reacquainted with my friends and we enjoyed the museum's exhibits. I hadn't seen Johnny for a couple of years when he visited Seattle and we both went to a charity event together. Actually, Johnny is in San Francisco to attend the Bash for Augie's Quest with me. I'll be posting another blog after the Bash so you'll know what went on. I'm looking forward to a fun night! Stay tuned...

No comments: