Thursday, November 4, 2010

Getting ready to rock!

I left my hotel in Hollywood vowing not to stay in a non-chain hotel in the future. Yeah, there was some effort to make the best of it, but nothing could change the fact that it was an older building, and it's the little things that make all the difference in the world. The room was pretty cramped, with furniture crammed in that really didn't fit. Even the bathroom was small...you couldn't even open the door inward without hitting the toilet! I stayed there two nights, but never got the right configuration of towels. The parking lot was pretty cramped, too...not enough spaces for every room, although I was lucky enough to get one each night.

But, enough about the hotel. Things should be better for the rest of my road trip. I didn't really have much to do today. Besides, it was another scorcher and I didn't want to be outside much. At this point of the trip, I decided it was time pick up some liquid refreshment. I love Mountain Dew...diet, please...and that includes their Code Red variety. Well, it turns out the Pepsi Company, who makes Mt. Dew, decided that diet Code Red wasn't selling well enough in my state of Washington. So, they quit stocking it on the shelves of all the stores in the state...Oregon and Idaho, too! That really irked me, but there was nothing I could do. A couple of friends were nice enough to bring back a half case for me when they traveled elsewhere in the country. That didn't last, though, and I needed to replenish my supply. So, I did a Google search and found a convenient grocery store to stop and get my Code Red today because they still have it in California. But, as luck would have it...rather bad luck...they were sold out! Well, there would be other opportunities.

I had an early lunch at Neptune's Net in Malibu...fried calamari and scallop basket...then headed south. I made a brief stop in Venice to check out the beach front and the famous canal area. Onward, to Redondo Beach! I had some time to kill before checking into my hotel, so I went to another grocery store for my soda. YES! They had it...I ended up buying all 4 half cases on the shelf! No, it's not all for me. I have a friend back home who is also a diet Code Red lover, and two cases are for her. I may have to stop one more time for at least another case...three should be enough to hold me until my next road trip planned for March.

I'm now waiting for my friend to pick me up. We're having dinner before we head over to Brixton South Bay for the Five For Fighting show. It's been six months since I've last seen John Ondrasik perform live, and I really miss seeing him. Nothing beats watching and hearing him in concert! I have my questions ready and I'll be interviewing John at the meet and greet post show. I hope it all works out well. Stay tuned...I'll be posting another blog tonight!

No comments: