Friday, November 5, 2010

Shrunken heads are cool

I left Redondo Beach this morning, still high from last night's Five For Fighting show...and my backstage encounter with John Ondrasik. John is such a nice guy! Oh, in my haste to put out last night's blog, I forgot to mention there was a special guest in the audience. Unlike myself, HE had an assigned VIP table, and I saw his name when I was looking for my own (see last blog). It was none other than Five For Fighting fan and star soccer player Landon Donovan! He's made it known in interviews that he likes to listen to Five For Fighting tunes before games. And, he was seen wearing a Five For Fighting T-shirt in a CBS Sports video story. When he arrived, the club manager showed him to his table. I could be him quite well from my vantage point. And, after the show during his meet and greet, Landon got a photo with John.

My day today was pretty relaxed. I drove south and checked out the famous Wayfarers Chapel. It's made out of wood and glass and sits on a bluff on the Palos Verdes peninsula, and is a popular site for weddings due to its picturesque location. I also visited the even more famous RMS Queen Mary, but just took some pics. For lunch, I was yearning for a hot bowl of ramen. I made the short drive to Costa Mesa, and visited a Japanese market with a nice food court. That soy sauce ramen from Santouka really hit the spot...SO yummy! Afterward, I decided to feed my mind by visiting the Bower's Museum in Santa Ana. This is a cultural art museum, and it specializes in artifacts from ancient, primitive and modern day cultures. I was especially interested in the more macabre things...stuff like shrunken heads and ceremonial items made from human bones. But, hey, that's me.

So, tonight I'll be going to my 2nd Five For Fighting show of the current tour at The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano. It will be my first dinner show. You're seated at a table, have your meal, and that will also be your seat for the concert. I neglected to call ahead of time for a reservation so I'll have to cross my fingers I will still have a fairly good seat. Blogging after the show...

No comments: