Saturday, March 17, 2012

All things must pass

The rain finally came today...really heavy at times!  Of course, being a Pacific Northwesterner, I'm used to it.  Before picking up my brunch chili dog from Pink's, I made a little side trip to a rather infamous house...that is, if you're a fan of the Fox-TV series American Horror Story.  I can't remember how I came across the information, but I found out this particular house was located in Los Angeles, just a few minutes away from my hotel.  I decided to check it out, and get a few photos of it...I DID like the show.  As you can see by the photos below, the house as it actually looks differs a bit from the one depicted on screen.  Ahh, the wonders of computer effects!



With all the rain, outdoor activities were out of the question.  So, I decided to take in some music culture and what better place than The Grammy Museum, located at L.A. Live. This museum is devoted to the history and current events related to the Grammy Awards, and music in general.  There are always new and special exhibits, and I particularly enjoyed a terrific one on the life and music of George Harrison. Tomorrow, I leave Los Angeles and start the slow drive north and back home.  It's been fun, but all good things must come to an end, and I'm looking forward to hugging my cat and sleeping in my own bed again. 

No comments: