Friday, March 9, 2012

Slice revisited

It was chilly when I left King City, CA this morning, but I knew things would warm up later. It was mostly a driving day, but I tried to make it enjoyable. Lunch was a double double burger at In N Out. Sadly, I don't have In N Out where I live in the Pacific Northwest.  There IS Five Guys, but I tried it once and I prefer In N Out. And, it's just something I have to have at least once...or maybe twice...on my road trips.

As I traveled south, I made a side trip...call it a pilgrimage...to a place all Five For Fighting fans should recognize. The location is just outside the city of Lancaster, CA, at a place called Club Ed.  I had been there in the past, but since it was on the way, I decided to revisit it.  John Ondrasik used this location for promotional photos, and you can see it on his Slice album. On the cover of his CD, John is standing on the road in front of the property.  Here's a photo of the CD, and a pic I took today...yes, it's the same place!



And, here's a photo of the old gas station also seen above that was used to promote the Chances single, and my snapshot. 



I would have loved to explore the buildings, but it's private property...they use it for movie and television productions, too.  And, I DO remember seeing this place in other things.  I had some time before checking into my hotel, so I took my Blazer for a well needed car wash.  I did the deluxe hand wash thing...looks great now!  Hopefully, it will stay that way for the rest of my road trip.  Tomorrow...Las Vegas!

No comments: