Saturday, March 3, 2012

On the road again

Today was Day 1 of yet another road trip adventure...my first vacation of the year.  My ultimate destination will be the Mardi Gras Bash for Augie's Quest in Los Angeles on March 16.  But, along the way, I'll be having fun experiencing new things...and old.  When I left home, my ride was clean, having taken my Blazer to the car wash yesterday.  But, misty road conditions took care of that...it's not quite so clean now.  Oh, well.  I may take it to another car wash somewhere along the way.

I didn't have a whole lot planned for the day.  I was thinking of maybe a museum in Portland, OR, but decided to check out the Portland Saturday Market instead.  It's touted as the longest running outdoor arts and crafts market in the country.  Today was the market's opening day of the year, and the weather was pretty nice...high 50s and overcast, but no rain.  I perused the market's wares, but I didn't see anything I liked.  On the other hand, I DID end up buying something for my cat.  Like she doesn't have enough toys already!  Still, she doesn't have a catnip filled cat body pillow!  There were quite a few street performers at the market, including this guy...at least I THINK it was a guy!


Before leaving, I decided to grab some takeout dinner from the numerous food booths at the market.  Wanting something a little different, I went with an African combo plate.  It was still a bit early when I checked into my hotel for the night, but I was ready for what awaited me in my room.  When I booked my hotel accommodations, I opted for a room with a jacuzzi tub.  It may seem strange, but I've never been in a jacuzzi tub, or even a hot tub for that matter.  Maybe it's because I just don't like baths...I'm a shower person.  The idea of wasting time lounging in a tub and getting all shriveled up just doesn't appeal to me.  I find a nice hot shower very refreshing.

After filling the jacuzzi tub, I turned on the jets.  I won't get into great detail here, but needless to say, but my curiosity was satisfied pretty quick.  A bigger tub and water jets made no difference to me...a bathtub is a bathtub, and it still shrivels you up.  I think I can say with complete certainty that I will never do a jacuzzi tub again, and it will be a LONG time before I set foot in ANY bathtub any time soon!

No comments: