Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Colors of the wind

I was glad to leave the warm temps of Twentynine Palms and southern California in general, but I had one last day in the heat.  I spent a couple of hours this afternoon at the beautiful Red Rock Canyon State Park near Cantil, CA. The weathered stone towers were carved by wind and water, and resemble ancient man-made ruins.



After my picnic lunch, I took a little walk on a short nature trail.  Sometimes artistic shots just pop out at you.  I think this one is pretty cool...framed by Joshua trees.


Big day tomorrow!  Going to Sequoia National Park.  I tried to see it last spring, but a late snowstorm downed some trees across the main road and I never got a chance.  That won't be happening this year.  The forecast calls for sun, clouds and cool temps.  Looking forward to wearing a jacket again! 

No comments: