Saturday, March 23, 2013

Last day in LaLa Land

I woke up a bit bleary eyed, having gotten only about five hours of sleep last night.  Yes, dedicated blogging can wear you out.  But, I had an easy day...nothing too exhausting.  I started things out by having brunch with my friend Lynne.  We always like to get together when I'm in town.  Of course, the two of us would much prefer to be together at a Five For Fighting show, but that's another story.  Afterward, I revisited the Japanese American National Museum...I was last there about six years ago.  Before heading on to my next and last activity of the day, I grabbed some takeout sushi from a nearby Japanese shopping center. 

Even though I missed out seeing Big Bang Theory, I had a consolation show to attend this evening.  Like many sitcoms that I had never seen but ended up watching after being at a live TV show taping, this was another one like that.  Sullivan And Son had a promising cast of recognizable names that attracted my attention, in addition to the two executive producers, actors Vince Vaughn and Peter Billingsley (yes, the guy of A Christmas Story fame).  I arrived early at Warner Brothers Studios, and was actually the first attendee to arrive...a first for me.  Like many other live tapings, I struck up a conversation with a lady and her mother sitting next to me in the waiting area.  The two of them went to live TV tapings quite frequently, and I learned a lot from their stories.  Actually, the lady said I looked familiar, and it turns out she saw me on the Craig Ferguson Show that I attended a few days ago. 

I must say I was very entertained by Sullivan And Sons, and I'll be adding it to the list of sitcoms that I started watching after attending live tapings.  Peter Billingsley directed today's show, and he had a very thorough way of doing things.  Vince Vaughn was also there watching the action, and he saw me enter the sound stage for the show, standing in the doorway of the Green Room.  I wonder if HE recognized me from Craig Ferguson, too?  Sullivan And Son stars Steve Byrne, Dan Lauria, Brian Doyle-Murray (Bill Murray's brother), and Christine Ebersole.  Well, tomorrow, I head out of L.A. for a couple of days in San Diego.  My road trip is half over, but I still have lots of fun on the agenda. 

No comments: