Sunday, April 13, 2014

Animals of the Northwest

It was a beautiful sunny spring Sunday when I left Lacey, WA this morning.  My single destination of the day was Northwest Trek Wildlife Park in Eatonville.  It was only about an hour away so I didn't have to rush.  My driving route took me through Yelm and that's when I spotted Ramtha's School of Enlightenment.  JZ Knight runs the school and this lady supposedly uses her body to channel this old guy named Ramtha.  I guess you either believe or don't.  I have nothing more to say about it.

I got to Northwest Trek as soon as it opened, so I was able to get on the first tram of the day.  The tram tour takes you through the free-roaming area where the bison roam, so to speak.  But, there are other animals, too.  Since I don't have a whole lot to say about my zoo day, I'll let my photos do the talking.  I love taking pics of animals, and I got some nice ones.  As the tram left the station, we had to carefully make our way past some walking caribou.  I was thrilled to see my first moose...I've never seen a moose anywhere, not even at any other zoos.  Sadly, I wasn't able to get a photo of one. Oh, well.


Northwest Trek emphasizes animals from...the Northwest! No lions or tigers, but yes, bears.  There are bobcats and lynxes, wolves and coyotes, deer and other hoofed animals and many smaller species.  I was excited to see a wolverine and they had a badger, too.



I got a sweet pic of one of the bobcats, and I think you'll recognize the other animals.  You don't?  Okay...raccoon, river otter and bald eagle!





Well, you're lucky today.  I'll be posting another blog later tonight or tomorrow on the Barcelona show at Mississippi Studios in Portland.  It appears they will be opening for Portland's own Mackintosh Braun rather than the opposite.  It was vice versa in Seattle a few days ago. It will be nice to see my musical friends again!

No comments: