Sunday, April 20, 2014

Life under the sea

I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked last night.  Some of it had to do with me working on my blog...there WAS a lot to say about last night's Five For Fighting benefit concert.  Then, I was still so hyped up and excited about my experiences there, too.  Even though I was tired when I got up this morning, I had places to go and things to do.  Leaving Agoura Hills, I drove south to Manhattan Beach to see their famous pier.  I got there early enough...and got a bit lucky...to score a parking space right next to the beach.  There were people biking, playing volleyball, boogie boarders and surfers...everyone seemed to be having a good time.




Afterward, I drove down to Long Beach to visit the Aquarium of the Pacific.  This aquarium is the fourth most visited in the country, and in some ways, I liked it even better than the Monterey Bay Aquarium. There was a little bit of everything there, from tropical fish, sharks and jellyfish to sea otters, sea birds and lorikeets.  Lorikeets you say?  I don't think lorikeets have anything to do with the ocean, but they ARE fun to feed!  Of course, I couldn't resist and purchased a cup of nectar.  The birds were VERY hungry, and it wasn't hard to coax them to eat.



I was also impressed with their touch tanks.  It was cool to experience contrasting sensations...the softness of the rays, to the rough skin of the sharks.


Tomorrow, I revisit a movie studio to see if I'll experience something new.  Maybe I'll see an actor or two. 

No comments: