Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's a fine day when you wake up in Disneyland

Today was my last day of Disneyland magic.  My priorities were doing the rides I hadn't during my previous day at the Magic Kingdom.  Most desired...Splash Mountain.  But, when we first arrived, the ride was closed...mechanical issues.  In the meantime, I rode Star Tours, which initially had me a tad apprehensive.  I knew this was a motion ride, and with my problems with excessive motion, I was understandably concerned.  Well, it turned out to be a very exciting ride!  And, my stomach felt fine afterward.  Next, we did the Jungle Cruise, which hadn't changed since my childhood. 


We checked back at Splash Mountain...still closed!  Okay...Pirates of the Caribbean again.  My friend Amelia wanted to do Mad Tea Party...better known as The Teacups.  I politely abstained...no way I can take spinning cups!  By now, Splash Mountain was finally open, but there was a forty minute wait.  Rather than waste precious time in line, we got a Fast Pass...that gives you front of the line privileges at a later time...then headed over to Toon Town.  I had never gotten a photo with the most famous mouse in the world, so we visited Mickey's House.  He was home, and I was thrilled to meet him!


Since we had a couple of hours before our appointment with Splash Mountain, I did Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, and rerode some other tame rides.  Finally, it was time for the grand finale of the day.  Boarding the Splash Mountain canoe car, we were worried about how wet we would get.  After the first waterfall, my right pant leg got soaked, and my shoe half full of water.  The last huge water drop was thrilling...it was really, really steep!  And, my pants also got a bit more wet.  But, it was a lot of fun, and the damp clothes actually felt good in the hot sun.  Here's a photo of what I experienced.


And, so ended my wonderful day...and wonderful time...at the Disney Parks.  I'll be leaving Anaheim tomorrow and spending a few more days in the Los Angeles area.  Looking forward to a couple of live TV show tapings and more.  Stay tuned...

No comments: