Saturday, April 3, 2010

On the road...to rest

For the past couple days, I have been so caught up with doing my groupie thing and blogging into the wee hours of the morning, my sleep has suffered. I think I've only gotten 8 hours total. To make matters worse, I had a LONG 9-hour drive from Portland to Sacramento today. Why aren't I in San Francisco for tonight's Five For Fighting show, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. I got to sleep around 3:00 am this morning, and got up at 7:00. It would have taken me 10 HOURS to drive to San Francisco! That's not counting rest stops, lunch and a gas fill up. Yeah, I could have made the show. But, what condition would I have been physically? And, I certainly wouldn't have been at the venue early enough for get my primo spot at the stage. So, I weighed the benefits and opted out. I figured, I'm going to 5 shows anyway...6, if you count Pet-a-Palooza, too. So, I could afford to skip a show. Besides, John needs a break from me anyway, right?

My drive today was fairly routine and uneventful. Oh, unless you want to count my GPS letting me down in Medford, OR! After filling my gas tank, I wanted to return to the freeway. I followed my GPS instructions, and it directed me to...a freeway onramp that DIDN'T EXIST! It took me to the freeway, but there was NO RAMP! I had never had THAT happen before! Ultimately, I just retraced my route backwards from the gas station...I didn't need my GPS to help me do that!

Tomorrow, I travel to Los Angeles and The Wiltern show on Tuesday. I'll be doing tourist stuff the day before...I'll be blogging about that later. Today, I saw more sun than I have in who knows how long. Such is the life of a Pacific Northwest dweller...lots of cloudy days! I'll be looking forward to more sunny days on the rest of my road trip!

No comments: