Thursday, April 8, 2010

The price of being a groupie

My neck is killing me! The right side of my neck from my head to my shoulder aches when I turn it. How did this happen? I have a theory. For the past four Five For Fighting shows, I've been front and center at the stage...right smack in front of John Ondrasik. And, every single stage has been elevated, although the Crystal Ballroom in Portland wasn't so bad. Being that close required a lot of neck craning...look up at opening act Matt Wertz and of course, John. That put a big strain on my neck...that's about 2 1/2 hours straight looking up. I think things went on the wayside after The Wiltern show in Los Angeles. The next day...which was last night...at House of Blues, San Diego, my neck was already hurting pretty good. Was I going to let that stop me from looking up at John? No. So, now, I'm paying the price for my devotion. Aleve barely put a dent in the discomfort. I just hope by NOT looking up anymore, it will slowly get better. Thankfully, tomorrow's show...the last show of the Slice tour...is at a seated amphitheatre. I'll be looking at the stage straight and level. I'm just glad John doesn't hang from wires over the audience like some performers do. My neck just couldn't take it!

Today, I left San Diego later than expected and found there was no time to visit Mojave National Preserve. Oh, well...there will always be other road trips! I'm in Las Vegas this evening, then a short two hour drive to Tuacahn Amphitheatre in Ivins, UT tomorrow. I've never seen John perform outdoors before, so this will be a new experience for me. It's a bit sad that the tour is finally coming to an end, but it's been fun. I'll cherish the final show tomorrow night and look forward to saying goodbye to John and the band.

No comments: