Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Road trippin' by the numbers

Okay, here's the first part of my road trip recap...number crunching! How many, how much, days, dollars, etc. It seems with each successive road trip, I exceed the previous ones in many ways. Read on and be amazed...or bored.

Total number of days on the road = 18
Total miles traveled = 4449
Total number of states visited = 8: Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Montana, Idaho
Most miles driven in one day = 590: from Portland, OR to West Sacramento, CA
Least miles driven in one day = 35: out and about the Los Angeles area
Total number of gas fill ups = 18
Total amount spent on gas = $611.05
Most expensive gas = $3.14/gal: tied between Kayenta, AZ and Moab, UT
Least expensive gas = $2.79/gal: Portland, OR
Number of times I got a car wash = 2: Glendale, CA to wash off the grime of the Pacific NW rainstorms and Ogden, UT to clean off the dust of Monument Valley
Number of tickets = 1: I got nailed by a red light camera at a intersection in Seattle...the $124 ticket was waiting for me when I got home!
Number of times I ate at In N Out Burger = 1: St George, UT...I had other opportunities, but one cannot exist on In N Out alone!
Number of times I ate at a sit-down restaurant = 1: House of Blues, San Diego to get their Pass The Line privileges

Total number of hotels stayed at = 14
Total amount spent on hotels = $1232.60: that's an average of $72.50/night, which ain't bad considering those taxes they tack on...oh, and parking fees at 3 of those hotels
Most expensive hotel = Courtyard at Marriott, Portland, OR: after added taxes and valet parking...hey, I need to splurge at least once in my lifetime...it came out to $134.75
Least expensive hotel = America's Best Value Inn, Page, AZ: at $43.12, it came with it's disadvantages (you'll hear about them in the next blog)
Number of times the hotel clock radio woke me up...and I didn't set the alarm = 2: you would think after the first time I would check before going to bed!

Total number of Five For Fighting shows attended = 6: five were part of the tour and the sixth was a fundraising appearance
Number of shows attended with friends = 2: Seattle and Los Angeles
Number of shows attended where people I met at previous shows were present = 4: Portland, Los Angeles, San Diego and Ivins, UT...the last three included John's family!
Number of setlists I procured from the shows = 2: I gave away two others...one to a little girl who didn't have anything for the band to sign, and the other to an older couple who had never been to a Five For Fighting show before and were thrilled to have a memento
Number of photos I got with the band = 2: Seattle and Los Angeles
Number of photos I got with John Ondrasik = 3: Seattle, Los Angeles and Ivins

Number of museums visited = 4: one in Los Angeles and three in Ogden, UT
Number of national parks visited = 4: Grand Canyon, Natural Bridges, Arches, Yellowstone
Number of state parks visited = 2: Monument Valley and Goosenecks in Utah
Number of animals seen in Yellowstone (not counting birds) = 5: bison, elk and a squirrel in the park, and grey wolves and grizzly bears at a wildlife center in West Yellowstone
Total number of arches/natural bridges visited (in 2 parks) = 14

So, after 34 DAYS OFF, I return to work tomorrow! I had a fantastic vacation, and I'm all refreshed and ready to get back to the old grind! I'll be working on my subsequent blog, which will contain the more interesting and unusual events from my most amazing road trip. Stay tuned!

No comments: