Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Final preparations

As recalled from February 27, 2008.

I've spent the past couple of days getting things together for my road trip. Since I'll be on the road for more than two weeks and I don't plan on doing any laundry, I'm packing enough clothes to take with me. It's amazing that I actually HAVE enough of everything to do that! Being so early in the year, I'll be taking some warm clothes. On the other hand, I'll be about a week in southern California, so I'll be dressing accordingly there.

I worked on getting my Blazer all spiffy and ready for the road. Got it washed and windows cleaned. I made sure my tires were inflated properly...don't forget the spare! As I loaded it up, I was surprised how much stuff I had. But, I like to be prepared for anything, and that includes the right clothes, auto supplies, some emergency food, enough water and Mt. Dew so I won't have to buy any. Then, there's the important stuff...CDs for music, ice cooler, auto GPS and my laptop computer. Like my Five For Fighting groupie road trip, I'm planning to blog every evening so everyone will know what adventures I'll be experiencing as I take the slow route to San Diego and the Beach Bash, and back again. I'm so excited, not only because this will be a fun trip, but I'm also SO looking forward to seeing John Ondrasik again! And, even better, he'll be there with his family...it will be nice to meet them!

My Blazer still sports the radio station stickers from last year. To make things a little more special this time around, I added two additional Five For Fighting stickers. I don't think there's any doubt who I'm supporting...it's only fitting. California, here I come!

No comments: